Tropical Storm Barry
Updated Friday, July 12 at 2:30pm
Like most of you, I have been watching the weather updates closely to try to determine what Tropical Storm Barry is doing and how we might be affected. After looking at the recent update and consulting the other priests in the area, I have decided:
1 - At this time, I plan to offer the Sunday Masses as normally scheduled.
2 - HOWEVER - If you do not feel you can make it to Mass safely, you are not obligated to attend Mass this weekend (this includes musicians and anyone scheduled to assist with the weekend liturgy in some way). This faculty/ability is given to pastors by the Bishop for times such as these. We would rather everyone get here safely next weekend than try to get here in bad weather this weekend. If you do not make it to Mass, you are encouraged to spend some time in prayer to honor the Lord’s Day by offering a rosary, praying with the Sunday Mass readings, or offering other suitable prayers.
To be clear - IF THE ROADS ARE NOT SAFE, STAY HOME.
3 - The Catechists meeting scheduled for Sunday evening will be rescheduled.
Any further updates will be posted here.
Let us keep the prayers going for safety and protection for our community and for all those in Barry’s path. And if you haven’t already, now is a good time to break out your St. Joseph Bread and Rosary! Our Lady of Prompt Succor, hasten to help us!
in the Heart of Jesus, through Mary,